Enterprise Solutions: Corporations and Campuses
High-value people deserve high-value services and solutions. Streetline provides the most accurate real-time parking availability and utilization data to enable global workplace efficiency and assist parking/facility management to make better planning decisions and help employees, faculty, staff and visitors get parked faster.
Corporate Campus Challenges
- Growing companies face parking demand that exceeds parking supply.
- Employees that can’t find parking arrive to work late, lose productive work time and become frustrated.
- Adding infrastructure is met with opposition from landlords at leased-office locations.
University Campus Challenges
- Students and faculty find parking frustrating when they are unaware of pricing, policy and availability.
- University parking departments need to generate revenue through active management of spaces.
- Universities need the ability to manage the influx high parking demand during special events.
- Accurate real-time parking availability can be displayed on dynamic messaging signs for guidance that routes employees, faculty, staff and visitors directly to available parking, regardless of sensing technology preferences.
- Trusted parking demand data can assist campus decision managers to make informed parking management decisions and optimize parking pricing and parking permit issuance.
- Infrastructure-less sensing solutions in corporate/campus apps offer a non-invasive sensing approach and provide origin/destination data that can be used to optimize commuter bus routing and carpool planning.
- Workability: More time is spent studying and working.
- Efficiency: Optimized capacity and best allocation of existing infrastructure.
- Mobility: More efficient intermodal trips and commuter programs.
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles has a vision to deliver a safe, livable and well-run transportation system in the city and region. The city has a vision to use innovative parking technology that connects drivers with real-time parking availability and provides public officials with data to support demand-based pricing.
The city is looking for the right technology to stay ahead of parking challenges from the influx of visitors to Hollywood that impact its community members, merchants and visitors.
Streetline has been a proud partner of LADOT since 2009, working with the city to build a solution that combines guidance, demand-based pricing and enforcement in an innovative parking management solution. The program with LADOT began with a pilot of our solution in LA ExpressPark and expanded to a full deployment in the high-demand areas of Hollywood to provide the city with guided enforcement which optimizes resources and targets violators.
Streetline data is used to establish good regulations, publish policy, establish pricing and target enforcement efforts. This has enabled the city of implement a demand-based pricing program that has optimized curb space use and prices. The city has also benefited from the use of the Guided Enforcement app which has delivered an 86 percent increase in individual officer productivity and 96 percent increase in motorist turnover.
Oakland is looking to develop a “…smart transportation system that would use data, applications and technology to help people and goods move more quickly, cheaply and efficiently.”
The influx of residents and retail stores from a growing Silicon Valley, is causing a strain on parking and mobility in Oakland. The city is looking for the right technology to improve mobility and stay ahead of emerging parking challenges that impact its community members, merchants and visitors.
Streetline began a partnership with Oakland in 2016 to provide city-wide coverage of accurate, real-time parking availability and parking demand data. The city is using Streetline’s trusted parking data to achieve three goals.
- Provide access to real-time parking availability city-wide to make parking easy for community members.
- Capture accurate parking demand data to support a demand-responsive pricing program that would enable efficient use of parking resources.
- Provide tools that integrate on- and off-street views of parking to help the city meet other transportation, land use and environmental goals.
We are just kicking off the smart parking program, so come back soon to learn about the impact. Read more on our Blog.
Redwood City is the third largest city in San Mateo county and is located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The city has a vision to create an integrated on-and off-street parking management program that aims to reduce traffic and parking congestion.
Parking occupancy exceeds 90 percent virtually every evening due to the city’s lively restaurant and retail scene.
Redwood City has been a Streetline partner since 2013, growing with us as our technology portfolio has expanded and evolved. The partnership started off with Streetline’s sensor-per-space technology to guide motorists to the city’s 100 high-demand spaces. It has transitioned to Streetline’s infrastructure-lite solution, expanding real-time parking availability and parking demand coverage to more than 1,000 spaces.
The resulting impact is a seamless and efficient parking experience for motorists in a rapidly growing Silicon Valley, boom city.