Ruby on Rails Developer
Streetline is a leading smart parking company delivering smart data and advanced analytics to solve parking issues for customers worldwide. Streetline’s pioneering technology makes the parking experience for consumers easier, while helping cities, corporate campuses and universities dramatically improve their parking operations. Our vision is ambitious—to transform parking from a pain point to a frictionless, seamless experience for motorists and enable parking operators optimize their parking resources.
Streetline is seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer to be responsible for the design and implementation of Streetline’s SaaS platform for enterprise and consumer-facing applications.
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer with a broad set of skills who is ready to work at the intersection of big data, mobile, and the Internet of Things. Streetline’s systems span embedded sensor hardware, mesh networking, and signal processing all the way up to Cloud-based SaaS/web and mobile user applications — this position calls for very strong problem solving, systems thinking, technical breadth and creative innovations well beyond the typical web or desktop applications.
You will contribute to the design of software architecture, data collection and infrastructure that support the entire suite of Streetline products and services. You will translate customer and business requirements into high quality software designs. You will contribute to the design and implementation of internal and external APIs and web applications.
- 4+ years’ experience software development
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in at least one other programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C
- Hands-on; individual contributor
- Interact with external and internal customers: interpret needs, requirements, specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux-based DevOps model where you are highly involved in how your systems are deployed, monitored and utilized internally and externally in our production SaaS platform
- Strongly motivated and/or experienced in test driven development and test automation
- Experience building scalable, robust and high-performance RESTful web services that satisfy multiple use-cases and users, for use by internal and external systems and applications
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and data mining skills
- Strong software engineering and data modeling/database experience, including high volume MySQL environments or equivalent
- Experience in UI implementation and utilization of MVC pattern
- Flexible, team oriented and excellent communication skills
- Work onsite in San Mateo, CA
- Experience with real-time and ETL processing of data for various data warehousing, analytics and real-time applications
- Experience implementing or utilizing analytics platforms and reporting systems
- Experience with GIS and visualization of geographic data, including implementing map-based user interfaces
- Software development team in an agile environment
- Combination of start-up and large company experience
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
[Include the job title Ruby on Rails Developerin the subject line of your email]
**Streetline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer**
**NO relocation available**
***Visa sponsorship/transfer available***
****Strong preference for fulltime work onsite in San Mateo, CA ****
****Remote work will be considered for a strong candidate who has previous remote work experience ****
About Streetline, Inc.
Streetline is wholly owned by Kapsch TrafficCom, USA. Streetline is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with smart parking deployments in over 20 locations worldwide. The company was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Transportation, as well as IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year. Streetline was named Best Mobile Innovation for ‘Smart Cities’ for its ParkerTM at the 2013 Mobile World Congress, a Gartner 2013 Cool Company and was recognized with the 2016 Frost & Sullivan Smart Parking Product Line Strategy Leadership Award.