Parker Mobile Developer
Streetline is a leading smart parking company delivering smart data and advanced analytics to solve parking issues for customers worldwide. Streetline’s pioneering technology makes the parking experience for consumers easier, while helping cities, corporate campuses and universities dramatically improve their parking operations. Our vision is ambitious—to transform parking from a pain point to a frictionless, seamless experience for motorists and enable parking operators optimize their parking resources.
You will be responsible for the future direction and on-going implementation of the Streetline Parking SDK, which automatically detects parking events such as parking arrivals and departures. You will work closely with other members within, and outside of, engineering across a wide set of disciplines. You will be integral to the next evolution of Smart Parking that combines IoT and machine learning.
- 3-5+ years experience of software and/or mobile development, with solid understanding of Apple and Google design principles and interface guidelines
- Demonstrated success creating both native Android and iPhone applications available for commercial release through Google Play and App Store, with examples of previously developed mobile applications
- Proficient with Swift and Java
- GIS and visualization of geographic data
- Design of map-based and navigation applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Combination of start-up and large company experience
- A solid understanding of networking, algorithms, memory management, and concurrent programming
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev / stage / prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
- Software development team in an agile environment
- Integration with 3rd party and internal web services and APIs
- iOS and Android Background Execution of apps and services, best practices and limitations
- iOS Core Motion and MotionActivity
- Android location API, such as ActivityRecognition, Geofencing, LocationServices
- iOS and Android user location tracking with efficient battery utilization
- Developing iOS and Android SDKs for integration by 3rd party
- iOS System Authorization Settings and Android System Permissions, and best practices for protecting user privacy
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
[Include the job title Parker Mobile Developerin the subject line of your email]
**Streetline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer**
**NO relocation available**
***Visa sponsorship/transfer available***
****Strong preference for fulltime work onsite in San Mateo, CA ****
****Remote work will be considered for a strong candidate who has previous remote work experience ****
About Streetline, Inc.
Streetline is wholly owned by Kapsch TrafficCom, USA. Streetline is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with smart parking deployments in over 20 locations worldwide. The company was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Transportation, as well as IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year. Streetline was named Best Mobile Innovation for ‘Smart Cities’ for its ParkerTM at the 2013 Mobile World Congress, a Gartner 2013 Cool Company and was recognized with the 2016 Frost & Sullivan Smart Parking Product Line Strategy Leadership Award.