We are looking for someone who wants to jump in with both feet to the deep end of the pool — we are going to change the world and we need someone to help us tell our story!! You will be our Marketing Department. We need someone who wants to work independently, constantly learn, and write the plan as you go. You’ll be a “Jill or Jack” of all trades and you’ll do it all … create a strong brand, create marketing materials, and develop programs and campaigns to lead and drive Sales and Biz Dev to meet their goals.
Have you ever driven around and around looking for a parking place and thought, “There must be a better way?” Well, so have we, and we are making it happen. We are changing the world of smart cities, parking and transportation. We are a small team of entrepreneurs looking to use our technology and creativity to make life easier for drivers, improve the efficiency of our cities, and reduce automobile emissions by reducing unnecessary circling while looking for parking. We have some very cool technology to do this and now we need you to help tell our story in a creative and compelling way. The world of “Smart Cities” and the Internet of Things is changing fast! So, come jump on board and help us lead the industry!
We work hard and play hard. We look forward to coming to work because we all believe in our mission. Come join us and see what great things we are doing!!
Here’s the 411 on what you’ll be doing (but mostly you’ll be having fun while doing great work with a team of inspired colleagues):
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Content Creator and Storyteller with the ability to tell the Streetline story over a 12 month (+) cycle to engage with and generate new business by:
- Telling the Streetline story via website, media, and customer interactions – not everyone gets it but you’ll enlighten them
- Creating and managing compelling stories about Streetline technology to a diverse community of city government, transportation agencies, citizens and merchants. (Smart Cities are made up of lots of different stakeholders)
- Ability to actively create compelling stories and to optimize Streetline’s messages for trade shows, press releases, formal customer communications, advertising and other cool places.
- Creating compelling messages that give Streetline a competitive advantage and compels consumers to action and then to repeat that story among a variety of venues…we’d love it if your stuff went viral!
- Create messages to help conceive compelling approaches to complex customer problems in need of solutions. This stuff is not easy but we’re determined.
- Willingness to have a point of view and put it out there. Ability to create and develop compelling stories; write them effectively, defend them, take a strong position, communicate them via social media, business media, face to face meetings, etc. You may even become an industry expert!
- Create messaging and segmentation lists for targeted email campaigns for municipal, corporate campus and university markets. Do you love A/B testing?
- Extend the company’s presence though industry leadership by securing speaking opportunities for executives. We LOVE to talk about this stuff.
- Manage end-to-end email marketing and social media campaigns, including planning, targeting, creating, testing, executing, reporting and optimizing to hit revenue targets. Did we mention A/B testing?
- Analyze, monitor and communicate performance of email and social initiatives to key business stakeholders. We value measurements and data.
- Develop drip and nurturing programs targeting municipalities. It can take time to get them “in the know”.
- Execute proven and cohesive strategies to build both the email database and social media communities. We want to let everyone know and that takes a strategy and working to a plan.
- Track campaign data and success. Conduct market research in focused areas such as competitive landscape, and on- and off-street intelligence. Did we mention we like data and measurement
- Actively manage the brand’s presence on both social and web venues – we’d love to go viral!
- Update and maintain existing marketing materials – some of it is dull but you can fix that.
- Manage all communications activities including media relations, analyst relations, speaking engagements, and social media. The press can be challenging but we’ll all work together to but our best foot forward.
Required skills and experience:
- Self-motivated and self-managed to drive forward on revenue bearing activities. You don’t need micro-management.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve collective goals. Our team is so cool you’ll want to work with them.
- Strong passion for personal success and excellence balanced with very strong values toward success of the team and the company. We all win together!
- 2-4 years’ experience in Marketing…or whatever has best prepared you for this challenge – tell us about what you’ve done and what you want to do.
- Excellent communication via, email, phone, in-person presentations, video conferencing, proposals, demos, and social media.
- Scalable skills to engage with C-level executives. You’ll get the chance to interact with mayors, city managers, transportation directors, CEO’s, university presidents, and other VIP’s
- Eager to learn and grow with the job and our company while wearing several hats and avoiding hat head … but we know that happens to the best of us! 🙂
- Salesforce or other CRM experience required; Salesforce experience highly desirable. We depend on this tool so you’ll learn to use it with great skill.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
[Include the job title Marketing Specialist in the subject line of your email]
**Streetline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer**
**Must work onsite full-time in San Mateo, CA** This is on onsite position but we are flexible to some remote work once you’re up to speed – so if that is important to you, let’s talk.
**Immigration sponsorship will be considered**
**NO relocation available**