Director of Sales
We are looking to add an energetic individual with extensive sales experience and a desire to change the world the world of Parking and Transportation. This is a great opportunity to take all your skills, knowledge and experience to create a robust set of partners and customers. You like working hard and against challenging goals. You can work on your own or collaboratively with engineering teams. You are comfortable with diverse and sometimes ambiguous customer needs (the world of Smart Cities is changing fast!) and you find a way to achieve clarity, deal closure and revenue.
Streetline’s mission is to make smart cities a reality by delivering critical, real-time parking data through mobile and web applications. Streetline’s pioneering technologies makes the parking experience easier for consumers, while making cities, universities, and corporate campuses more efficient. Our Director of Sales will take the lead in introducing these concepts to new partners and customers.
- First responder to all sales inquiries, channel leads, RFPs, direct sales engagements, etc.
- Ability to overview the product and give extensive product demos to a wide variety of different audiences.
- Job one – selling our products and solutions to municipalities by focusing on selling data services and outcomes.
- Ability to sell technology and converting it to revenue
- Ability to sell the value of a new system and convert value into ROI. You know how to sell to cities or large complex entities and can manage through an RFP – specifically have a strong grasp of the RFP process and regulations — a plus is experience as it pertains to municipal sales.
- Effectiveness with a long sales cycle (18 – 36 month sales cycle).
- Achieve consensus among decision makers across 8 to 10 constituencies to close deals. You can leverage multi-modal concepts, value proposition and concepts (and demonstrate hard ROI).
- You are skilled at bringing disruptive and new approaches to customers.
- Be the first responder to sales inquiries or information requests from cities, universities, private corporations.
- Set up demo appointments that you will deliver and conduct and/or for other team members to conduct. When appropriate hand off to our sales specialist and/or receive hand offs/leads from our sales specialist.
- Drive for customer interest in proposals. Write, deliver and follow up on those documents. Manage your pipeline and forecast to achieve your goals and strive for overachievement.
- Manage deal requirements to be achieved collaboratively with and by other groups in the team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in selling into large complex entities or organizations decision makers both domestic and international.
- Self-motivated and self-managed to drive forward on revenue bearing deals.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to achieve collective goals.
- Strong passion for personal success and excellence balanced with very strong values toward success of the team and the company.
- 6-10 years’ experience in Technology (SaaS) Sales.
- Ability to leverage multiple modes of transportation, sell value proposition as tangibles and concepts and scalability between hard ROI and feature selling and concept possibilities.
- Excellent communication via detailed written proposals, email, phone, in-person presentations, video conferencing and demos.
- Fearless to pursue new markets, customers, and approaches. You see these as opportunities!
- Understanding that all great sales achievements include a lot of initial calling into high level contacts within city governments, universities, corporations, etc., documenting progress, along with writing and revising proposals.
- Scalable skills to engage on business issues with C-level executives and yet also deliver a detailed technical demo that shows what customers can do with our technology.
- Eager to learn and grow with the job and our company while wearing several hats.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in selling into the public sector (city/municipal) decision makers both domestic and international.
- Extensive and proven “rolodex” of municipal and related contacts a real plus.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Streetline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
**Immigration sponsorship will be considered**
**NO relocation available**
**Must work onsite full-time in San Mateo, CA**
About Streetline, Inc.
Streetline is a leading smart parking company delivering smart data and advanced analytics to solve parking issues for customers worldwide. Streetline’s pioneering technology makes the parking experience for consumers easier, while making cities, university and corporate campuses more efficient and reducing their carbon footprint.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California Streetline has smart parking deployments across the U.S., Canada and Europe. The company was previously named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Transportation, as well as IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year. Streetline was also named Best Mobile Innovation for ‘Smart Cities’ for its Parker application at the 2013 Mobile World Congress. In addition, Streetline was named a Gartner 2013 Cool Company, was recognized with the 2013 Frost & Sullivan North American Competitive Strategy Leadership Award, and in September 2014 was elected to the Intelligent Transportation Society (ITS) World Congress Hall of Fame.