Director Field Operations – East Coast United States
Streetline is seeking a regional operations/field service director to help deliver our systems and services to cities worldwide, with primary focus on the eastern united states. We are looking for someone with strong project management and communications skills and experience, as well as hands on experience in managing field teams for installation of equipment and data gathering processes.
As the Regional Director of Field Operations, reporting to Streetline’s Vice President of Operations, you will play an essential role in bringing new customers into service, and managing local service operations on the East Coast of the U.S and elsewhere. You’ll work closely with Streetline’s sales team, Streetline’s central operations team, the sales and operations staff of our partners, and our customers.
We’re looking for someone with excellent service and communication skills and a strong, practical project management background, with experience in construction, civil engineering projects, municipal projects or similar.
- Provide technical support to the Sales team on equipment and installation requirements
- Perform site surveys to gather basic location data on projects, and assess customization requirements.
- Prepare draft project plans in support of sales contracting.
Project Management of New Installations
- Schedule resource with Streetline’s national installation partners, or source local installation contractors as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with permitting and permissions requirements, in accordance with local rules.
- Train contractors and customers in installation process and requirements.
- Project manage installation with customers and contractors.
- Coordinate service acceptance with Streetline central operations.
- Manage supply chain of spare parts and materials to maintain systems in the region.
- Participate in system performance monitoring with Streetline central operations.
- Manage scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of equipment on customer sites.
- Provide training in use of Streetline applications and support methods.
- Support the Sales team in evaluating expansion opportunities for existing customers.
Contribute to development of SL tools, systems and methods
- Gather customer feedback on Streetline applications, equipment, and support experience.
- Operate and provide expert feedback on SL Field Service and customer support tools.
- Creatively assess costs and efficiencies of SL installation and maintenance processes.
- At least 5 years of project management experience, with proven results in large projects involving coordination with vendors and other stakeholders, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple smaller projects at the same time.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Experience in contractor management, preferably on civil engineering or municipal projects.
- Experience in sales support and customer support and relations, to include proactive communication at all stages of a project, from contracting through service delivery.
- Ability to work independently and plan own work and work of others, under the supervision of and in collaboration with team members in other sites and cities.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook), and comfortable learning other web-based and mobile software applications.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the region and accommodate customer requests for off-hour scheduling when necessary.
- Ability to perform physical installation processes sufficient for demonstration and training of contractors.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
[Include the job title DIRECTOR FIELD OPERATIONS – East Coast in the subject line of your email]
**Streetline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer**
**NO relocation available**
About Streetline, Inc.
Streetline is a leading smart parking company delivering smart data and advanced analytics to solve parking issues for customers worldwide. Streetline’s pioneering technology makes the parking experience for consumers easier, while making cities, university and corporate campuses more efficient and reducing their carbon footprint.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California Streetline has smart parking deployments across the U.S., Canada and Europe. The company was previously named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Transportation, as well as IBM Global Entrepreneur of the Year. Streetline was also named Best Mobile Innovation for ‘Smart Cities’ for its Parker application at the 2013 Mobile World Congress. In addition, Streetline was named a Gartner 2013 Cool Company, was recognized with the 2013 Frost & Sullivan North American Competitive Strategy Leadership Award, and in September 2014 was elected to the Intelligent Transportation Society (ITS) World Congress Hall of Fame.