Streetline does not promote accessing any smartphone or its features – or any other device – while a vehicle is in motion. Here’s how we’re making searching for parking as safe and easy as possible:
- Parker™ on your dash: simply place your smartphone or tablet in a car dashboard dock, boot up Parker, and you’re ready to go!
- “Follow Me” feature: within Parker, enter your location and turn on the “Follow Me” feature by selecting the spotlight in the upper left corner. With “Follow Me” on, your phone acts as a guidance system and the map will move as you move.
- Voice guidance: click on Settings at the bottom of Parker, tap the switch button next to Voice Guidance, and an audible queue will notify you when parking is nearby.
- GPS and in-car navigation: we’re working with GPS and car manufacturers to make sure parking, the last yet essential step to get to your destination, is integrated in your navigation system. In the near future, you’ll have complete directions with not only real-time traffic, but also up-to-the-minute parking availability, as well as garage and lot locations.
- On-street dynamic signs: look for Streetline’s electronic directional signs on highways, streets, and in garages. Using real-time data feeds in areas where we have our sensors and other counting devices – as well as our partners sensing devices – these dynamic signs are continuously updated with the latest information about parking so you don’t have to guess which way to turn.